Friday, November 6, 2009

Oral Herpes is a Horrible Horrible Thing....

When I worked at Bank of the West over the summer as a bill collector, there was a lunch napper. Somebody was going into the employee fridge and steeling people's food. Sometimes it was the whole lunch and other times it was just a thing or two. My poor friend LeAnne was a culprit to this rat many, many, many times. So much so, that I jokingly brought a padlock and duct tape into work for her.(I never kept my food in that fridge, just at my desk where I could see it!) I grow horns when I'm hungry; I wasn't taking chances at work! ha!

One day LeAnne came storming around the corner in tears, because it happened again...to HER. It didn't help things that she was having a bad day, and only had one more cigarette; poor thing. I had extra food in my desk, and pretty much the whole night shift smoked, so she was taken care of. our lunch was comical. We split my PBnJ and pretzels and had massive amounts of instant coffee, al-la-jen's-desk.

As soon as we were done eating I grabbed my bright blue dry erase marker and wrote the following on a piece of paper and taped it to the fridge: Ah! The wonderful, wonderful power of suggestion! It entertained me and made LeAnne laugh. I love making people laugh; it makes my world go round!

No comments:

Post a Comment