Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Blue Line Coffee

November 16, 2009

Before my interview a few days ago, I went to Blue Line Coffee in Omaha. (Underwood area)


@Blue Line Coffee: Among Intelectuals…in the middle of the day and not feeling very intelectual.


Fully bearded photographers, Long haired businessmen in suits. Plain jane midwestern girls wearing their own version of black. An older woman in a fur coat is talking on her cell phone outside… the whole atmosphere is somewhat mesmerizing. There is a sprinkle of tattooed people and laptops everywhere. 1920’s period art, blues and Old school Johnny Coltrane playing with the hum and gurgle of espresso periodically interrupting. I think I really like this place.

The coffee is strong but flavorful, my everything bagel isn’t as good as Satelite Coffee in ALbuquerque..but sure as hell comes close. The prices are really, really good. (sigh) My coffee is much too hot to drink right now! (I am homesick..I miss Satelite Coffee on Wednesday morning with Valency fabulous).


I am nervous about this interview, but couldn’t be bothered to even think about it. I’ve always interviewed well , it is a personality trait I was born with. I have the ability to make a fantastic first impression, which I still think is weird. Sometimes I wish I made shitty first impressions, then people wouldn’t expect so much. My laziness oozes out of that statement; clearly.


When I was feeling un-motivated in highschool…I would do exactly what I am doing now. Type. Type. Type. Type about the weather, type about people, type about whatever it is that is clouding my mind from the prospective of actually completing the tasks at hand.

On that note, I wonder this loaded question: WHY on God's green Earth am I drawm to men whom are completely emotionally un-available. I see a trend here...seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment