Monday, November 23, 2009

About the Books

About the books I just bought for class.(I realize you'd rather hear something more juicy...but the only three things going on is I am not taking pictures as I said I would (You'll forgive me right?), I am also fabulously broke and my policeman and I are still dating though its not gonna be 'facebook official' anytime soon) That being said, I am fantastic..but still can't wait to get on with November...I'm over it!

Anyhauser: I digress. About the books:


One of them is called "How to Make Friends and Influence People". It was suggested reading and I checked it out as reference for my last paper.I thought the title was amuzing. It is surprisingly good..and surprisingly 'duh'! Ever had a re-invent type moment?

I've never had problems making friends really, but this book, though strikingly basic outlines the following in the 'Make People Like You' section: (It was a quick read...what can I say?)

Six Ways to Make People Like You


1. Become genuinely interested in other people.
2. Smile
3. Remember that a person's name is, to that person, the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
4. Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
5. Talk in terms of the other persons interests.
6. Make the other person feel important- and do it sincerely.

Now, I wanted to blog about this, because I tend to think that genuinley speaking to people is an artform. It is an artform that I want to get even better at.

I had the nicest guests today at work, hardly felt like I was working at all.I am going to try to remember three stranger's names everyday. (It's a good start)
Today, I met Al and Michelle Irions from the cover band called Taxi Driver and the prettiest mother of five named Michelle. I love days like today!

No comments:

Post a Comment