Saturday, November 14, 2009

Bad Hair equals a Bad Testimony

I almost forgot to tell you guys what I overheard at work the other day. For those of you whom are unaware; I grew up in a VERY religious home. We went to church something like six times per week growing up. I was friends, on occasion, with the uber religious types that never cut their hair, didn't wear makeup or pants/shorts. They always intrigued me (and still do). That being said, we get alot of these women that shop at my store. Though they do not buy make-up, they will drop major cash on skincare and professional hair care products. They are always nice and most of the time, will talk to the tattooed girl (me). I'm pretty sure I intrigue them as much as they intrigue me. lol

Let me tell you, for those of you who don't know, WHY these women don't cut their hair.

Bible Lesson of the Day

There is a scripture, 1 Corinthians 11:1-16, to be exact, that calls a woman's hair her glory. These women take this very seriously, obviously and would never 'cut' what God calls their glory.

The other day I had just helped a couple of them find Nioxin shampoo. As I walked away, one of them said to the other, "Unclean looking hair is very unattractive, and (if you are growing it for religious reasons), it’s a bad testimony".

I thought this was wildly amuzing.

No comments:

Post a Comment