Monday, December 14, 2009

Totinos Pizza, Instant Coffee Goodness and a Lamp Shade Salad Bowl...

Once every week, Cierra walks down the hill after school and goes to my Grandma B's house. They both absolutely LOVE it and I am so happy that Cierra gets the chance to spend this time with my Grandma (she's my favorite person-truly).

She is the one who used to tell me to put some lipstick on because I looked dead, yet in the same sentence would say that I was the most beautiful dead-looking girl she'd ever seen. lol My hair is naturally very dark, I have blue eyes and when I don't see the sun, I turned vampire white. lol My Grandma B is also the one who will walk into ANYWHERE and hit on all her 'boyfriends' before she leaves. She's soooo funny!

I digress....

I worked a bit late today, when I got to the house she and Cierra were sitting down finishing up some homework. Here they are, oblivious to me and my Blackberry camera. (Yes my Grandma only has half a finger. She calls it her gimp finger. She lost it working in a machine shop, back in the day when all the boys were fighting overseas)
When my Grandma looked up, she said to me, "Oh Jenny! You look tired! I am a horrible host these days! Go downstairs, in the freezer, on the third shelf, on the left-hand side and bring one of those pizza's up here." I did what I was told.

She had this great brushed copper bowl on the counter. I asked her where she got it, because it was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. My Gram started to laugh...., "Jen! That's no bowl...it's a lamp shade! You can eat your salad out of it if you want to though, I cleaned it up today."

So I did. (why not?) Now I can say I ate salad out of a lamp shade- totally bloggable; don't hate! lol Before long I had a Totino's pizza, and surprisingly good instant coffee in front of me. This is the life.....seriously!

Good times!

2 comments: