Saturday, December 12, 2009

One Lucky B

You know what? I am one lucky B!

Tonight when I was feelin a little sad, I just started thinking of all the good things in my life. I also started humming a Christmas song (I love Christmas). Then, all of a sudden, I realized that I am one lucky and blessed person. Knowing that, doesn't change the things that were making my heart heavy, but it DID put things in perspective.

Sometimes that is all we need is a little bit of perspective!

Last night was a hell of a night. After working all day, and going to my night (accounting) class, my rear passenger-side tire locked up in the middle of an intersection. NOT GOOD.

Left me stranded, but not for too long. My policeman just happened to be in the neighborhood and took me to my mom and sister who met us not too far from where my car died. I say 'my policeman', but that is the farthest from the truth. Last night was the first time I'd seen him in two weeks! I just wanted to cry. I didn't though.

Today was better. Today was my first day as the solo Manager at the store and we WERE SLAMMED the WHOLE time! I ended up staying a bit late and left feeling accomplished. I am so grateful for this promotion and job (that I love), never in my life have I been SO grateful for a job as I am today!

My car is better too. Turned out that the only thing wrong was a frozen emergency brake. Ended up only (basically) paying for some de-icer. THANK GOD for that one! I was really worried about an auto-mechanics bill right before Christmas!

My sister bought me groceries tonight, 'just because', so I could just go straight home and cook myself dinner. The best part was the bag of red chili's. It took me a couple of hours, but I made my red chili tonight, from scratch, so I could have proper (cold weather) New Mexican food. yums!

2 comments:

  1. I think we could all use a bit of perspective now and then. I've really been trying to remind myself of all I'm blessed with lately:) I think we all focus on the negative too much, it seems so much easier to do for some reason!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The times are a bit rougher than the were five years ago. I'm not sure that they are gonna get better soon, so instead of waiting for THEM to change, I've just gotta change MY perspective a bit! ;) Keep on Keepin on Girl! xo

    ReplyDelete