Saturday, December 5, 2009

I Set Things on Fire...

Yeah, so a week or so before Thanksgiving the heat wasn't working in my apartment. It was Fa-Reezing. I put on my hoody and went in the kitchen to make coffee (as I do every morning). I turned my oven on low to heat up the kitchen and living room a little. It worked! I live small, it didn't take long!

I turned the oven off and headed back to take a shower. When I got out of the shower, something smelled like it was burning, not good!

I went in the kitchen and opened the oven to find a FIRE! Apparently, instead of turning the oven to off, I accidentally turned the oven to BROIL. I have no storage space for my pots and pans, so I keep them stacked neatly in my oven. As a result of this smokin match, my good pan with the oven-proof silicone handle was ablaze!

GAWD.

I proceeded to grab my pot holders, pull it out of the oven (without touching the fire, of course) and threw it into the soap-water filled sink! It sizzled and smoked. Fire overted- yeeesss!

THAT was the point, however, my damn fire alarm started going off. I ran through the house, opened all my windows and used my magazines to fan the smoke. Meanwhile, my neighbor was knocking on my door and my guinea pigs were screaming rape because they didn't know what was going on. (Keep in mind, I had JUST gotten out of the shower and was only wearing a towel). Fml

No comments:

Post a Comment