Sunday, September 13, 2009

Thrift World Awesomeness

I've been saving for a couch and finally had 450$ by Labor Day to get one! I realize that isn't a lot of money, BUT I ALSO know that being patient pays off! I'd seen a HUGE sectional with a massive ottoman at Thrift World (Omaha, NE 24th & Q) some time ago when I first moved here. They wanted 599$ at that point. Though I thought it was in super good condition, I just couldn't see paying 599$ for a thrift shop couch. Fast Forward four months....To Labor Day.

I went in to see if it was still there. It was, and had been marked down to 499$ (still more than I had saved at that point). I asked them if they would take 399$ instead. The nice lady at the counter called the owner and promptly said, "Yes! It has been here forever!"

I excitedly paid for it and called my dad, whom was strategically in town for a couple of days to see new grand baby Noah and celebrate his 53rd Birthday. My dad has a truck. SCORE! I asked him to help, so he and my brother met me in South Omaha at Thrift Town to pick up my newest prize! yay yay yay yay

I didn't mention to my dad that there were lots of pieces (It took two trips) OR the fact that I live on the third floor of my building. :)

Here is a picture of it. (There is actually one other matching over sized love seat couch that goes with it. That one didn't fit in my living room, so I put it at the foot of my bed in my room- perfecto!On the house note...my kitchen needs a BIG canvas. I'm not very motivated at the moment (mainly because I desperately want to paint my living room now). ANyhoodle, I DID finish the brown trim on the bottom of the stripes though! (This is also the spot that needs some sort of artish something.)

1 comment: