Monday, September 14, 2009

Fat Checked

When I was obsessively working out/competing in natural bodybuilding competitions, I would get my body fat checked routinely to check my progress. I don't own a scale..never have and most certainly never will. The 5-point caliper testing that your local personal trainer does is even better. It is a good way to check your progress and see numbers drop (when your scale doesn't anymore).

Anyhauser, haven't had my fat checked since 2006. Today. Today, I will have my fat checked. I am excited and nervous at the same time.

I am meeting with a new trainer, in my new/ old town in exactly 30 minutes!

This is a perfect starting point for me to start taking better care of myself, no matter what. I will take better care of myself physically, because of the following reasons:

1. Health care is expensive, this is relatively cheap and is VERY preventative against high health care bills later on in life.

2. Setting a good example for my little one is very important to me. I truly equate being strong and sharp mentally shows itself physically as well. Once I can effectively meet and exceed my own personal goals then meeting and exceeding everyone else seems completely do-able.

3.Once I snap myself back into the rhythm, I can work part-time as a personal trainer for girls only again.

4.I have the tendency to being lazy. I know I do, so this is my way of preventing it.

5. Most women I know take care of everyone else FIRST and magically forget about themselves. I feel as though I can take better care of the people around me, when ME is taken care of FIRST. 'ME FIRST MAN'

This month I will only focus on these goals, anything else is just bonus!

1. I will go to the gym at least three times a week.

I will drink more water.

I will eat clean at least four days a week (by 'clean' I mean, lots of fresh veg, clean proteins and no refined sugars and starches).

My head feels clearer when I do these things, so that is where I will start. Ciao



(I may take a picture later-in which case I will post to this same post- telling/showing the world about it is PERFECT motivation- clearly)

2 comments:

  1. Yeay! I still need to get my fat checked... They do it once a month at Defined but I can never make it... Maybe this month. You are still so fit, even if you're not uber-muscled - You're a babe, babe!! Kick ass at the gym today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Oh My Gosh, I am sooo excited!

    ReplyDelete