Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Hello Sarcasm.....My Name is Jen

What a day.

It was a 'snow day' for Cierra today, which was fabulous! I love snow days, because it means that I get to sleep in as well! Tomorrow is ALSO a snow day! Yessss! Seems we are having a record-low winter here in Omaha. SO glad I could be here for this little piece of history! (Hello sarcasm! My name is Jen).

My sister is the one with the four-wheel drive vehicle. I asked her to take me to work, but that was a mess and didn't happen. I ended up driving myself in my Incredible Kia Rio. I was NOT happy about this! I had to take Cierra with me because my mom and sister were still stuck in West Omaha. I always try to see the best in every situation, even when I am unbelievably pissed off! That being said, I handed Cierra my phone and had her take pictures of the wreckage along the way!

Here was the first roadblock. Just as this semi was turning a car slid into him. The whole mess blocked the entire road. luckily, a local plow made a path around it all so we could get by. (We drove up right after it happened)THIS was the wonderful, joyous visibility on the freeway. See the lanes? Don't worry, I can't either!
Here was a five car pile-up, again right after it happened (three cars on the left, and two trucks on the right)
When I got to work, an hour later, I didn't see my sister. She was supposed to meet me there....to pick up Cierra.

Yeah...THAT didn't happen.

SO, there I was...in a blizzard...at work....with my child. Yaaaaay! Hello sarcasm...my name is Jen.


My lesson today was this: It takes a lot more work to be happy than it does to be miserable. I can be a sarcastic ass, but it is that quality that keeps me healthy, laughing and happy; it is a choice, I'm good with it!

3 comments:

  1. Snow tires are excellent for those blizzard conditions - you usually can convert your tires for not too much $$ but then you have to buy new plain tires in the spring... I think your snow pics are so pretty, though! Sorry 'bout the frustrations... The sun'll come out, tomorrow... Lolz... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had to be incredibly annoying, but you were able to turn it around into something amusing:) I'm all for sarcasm, anything to get you through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! I LOVES my tires!
    My day was incredibly annoying, but turned out fine! Today (my day off) has been incredibly productive! :)

    I love you guys!

    ReplyDelete