Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Moving Madness

After five months...and four different homes; let the moving madness begin!

Before I go on any further, let me tell you that my original 'perfect' apartment ended up being far from it. When I finally viewed it before signing the lease, I (along with the my sister, my Grandmother and hotrod) found that it was COMPLETELY destroyed. There were internal doors where external doors should have been, a fifteen year old RENTAL property carpet that they had no intention of replacing and a broken dishwasher. If that wasn't enough, the mold on the shower had been cleaned but still peeked through each tile space, the outer window screen was being devoured by some sort of pill bugs that had grown through it on an ivy and the linoleum was patched in the kitchen (if you want to call it that). Long story, short...NO GO! I picked up my deposit this morning and swiftly went to a huge, older apartment complex that had much nicer facilities (along with a $99 move in special)

The downers:

I now have to drive little one to school every morning.

I am on the third floor...there are lots of steps.

I have less cabinet space and loads of kitchen shizzle.

I promised C that she could get a dog when we moved...no pets are allowed in these apartments.

The uppers:

Move in special...always nice.

Fixed electric and gas bill+no surprises.

Now that I get to take kiddo to school every morning, I can go to the gym...after all I'll be up anyway!.

The torture of third floor steps everyday = a nicer ass, thank you very much.

Less cabinet space means I have the perfect excuse to order the Pottery Barn space-savers I've been wanting.


Though this apartment wasn't at all the instant love I found in my previous apartment, it is different circumstances and I am grateful to finally, finally have my own home...even if it doesn't look like it at the moment.


Oh! I MUST apologize for the poor quality of pictures lately. Quite frankly I'm not feelin it and all I've had handy is my handy dandy cell phone camera!

2 comments:

  1. love how you turned those negatives on your list to positives:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has to be done! Nobody likes being around someone who is negative all the time! TRUE! true!

    ReplyDelete