Saturday, August 29, 2009

Kids Say the Darndest Things Retro

One of my favorite 'kids say the darndest things' stories about Cierra happened last year when she was in 1st grade.
She and I were meeting with the speech therapy teacher to explore the possibility of Cierra in speech therapy. She has a little bit of a lisp. It seems to get better as she gets older. Never-the-less when we were done with the meeting, Cierra asked why she would go to speech class. When I told her that it would be to help her say her s's, t's, th's and ch's a little better. She looked at me kinda weird almost immediately. I asked her what was up. The following is what she had to say:

Cierra- "Do grown ups go to speech class at my school?"

Me- "Nope, just kids, why?"

Cierra- "Mister Martin needs to go to speech class, he has a lisp like me."

(Mr. Martin is a Fantastically gay music teacher at her school... I proceeded to laugh. laugh laugh!)

No comments:

Post a Comment