Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Kitchen Paint Projectoid

Before there was paint...there was tape...lots and lots of tape!
I bought a can of paint at Home Depot for five bucks. It was an ooops paint that looked like peanut butter. I LOVE IT! I call it decorating on a budget! I painted the solid fate stripe on top in a criss cross motion, so that it would resemble stucco. I will add a lighter and darker shade sporadically once I get the colors, so it will give it a bit more dimension.
At the moment I am taping the vertical stripes off. They should do a good job of making the space look a bit higher then it is. The colors will be based off of a bohemian theme. I want the dining nook and kitchen to very warm and inviting, showcasing ruby, rust, french blue, rich cream, deep walnut and yummy yellows. I can't buy more paint until Friday, so for the next couple of days I will continue to tape!


LOTS more to do!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Ha! Love it. One of my goals for the fall is paint my bedroom and office. The plain white is boring me. I think grays and blues.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE paint--- (and graphite) they make the world go round!

    ReplyDelete