Thursday, October 8, 2009

Long Hair Blunders

This post isn't for my boy readers! I mean, you can read it if you want; but don't be pissed if you are bored stiff!


I've been actively growing my hair out for two years now. The last time my hair was this long was back in 2006/2007. Back then I had harsh bleach blonde on the top portion of my head, that I wasn't properly taking care of. There is nothing worse than dull lifeless blonde hair on a natural brunette.

Have you ever seen an old woman with gorgeous hair? I used to have a few that shopped religiously at Dillard's. If you ask me; gorgeous healthy hair is like a fountain of youth! See the difference between the mature woman with smooth healthy hair and the younger woman? (The one on your left is 31, the one on your right is 59)


I HAD to have long healthy hair again, so I had my hairstylist cut it off (two years ago, so I could have a 'do-over'. She gradually added low-lights to bring my hair back to its natural color. Since then, my hair has been different shades of brown/red. For some reason, every guy I've dated over the course of the decade has liked me better with blonde hair. First, you must know IF you date guys that prefer blondes, they will ALWAYS prefer blondes. Guys don't really get the fact that blonde doesn't look good on everybody!

I've learned a lot about myself since then. I need to have my dark brown/auburn hair for it to be healthy and shine-tabulous. For any man that has blonde-hair suggestions for me; the complaint department is closed, you can put your suggestions HERE!

Before AMY cut my hair last, I felt like it was at a plateau. I bought Alterna Caviar shampoo/ conditioning products because they are sulfate and paraben free. I get a discount, so it was more affordable. There are products such as Tigi sulfate free shampoos/ conditioners that are a bit cheaper than the caviar line; you just really need to read the labels! My hair is showing a BIG improvement and finally looks like it is growing again. I'm no Kardashian, but my hair WILL be that length sooner than later!

No comments:

Post a Comment