Monday, January 2, 2012

This Post is Called, "I had Baby and My Blog Took the Backseat!"

So, I totally had my son on Halloween. It went like this:

October 30th:

Rod: "I don't wanna go to work this week...can't you have him tomorrow?"

Me: "Sure, I'll just schedule it! ha ha BTW, if you want to HELP things along...we could break this drought" (my boyfriend refused to have sex with me because he didn't want to hurt the baby...even after I was 'okay to go at 36 weeks')

Rod: "hums Barry White...I've Been Feeling Dryyyyy Bab-ay"

Me: I obliged...a few times. (keep in mind... it had been MONTHS)

Fast forward three hours to Rod, Cierra and I going to see "Puss in Boots'..I had contractions THE WHOLE time...it was 3pm. I really didn't think it was real labor...just annoying contractions that were consistently 4 minutes apart. They didn't hurt, but continued most of the night. I went home, called my Dr. who said to go in whenever I thought the contractions were getting more painful. (I had shit to do)!

I promptly ate dinner, took a bath, shaved and began my homework that was due by 10 pm that night. I was still having contractions, so we took C to her aunt and uncles house...just in case. I finished my homework at 9:30 and was still having contractions. I STILL didn't think they were real, so I caught up on my DVR'd shows and began the coursework for the next week. I finally tried to go to bed at 2am, which didn't work too well, so we headed to the hospital. (I wanted to wait until after midnight so I wouldn't be charged for a whole days stay...how cheap am I?!) lol

October 31st
3:00 am Put on monitors
5:00am Admitted , "We're gonna have a baby on Halloween"!
7:00 am Blood results show uber low platelet count = no epidural allowed.
8:00 am Dilated to 3
9:00 am Broke my water
11:00 am Dilated to 5, labor not too unbearable...bracing myself!
1:00 pm Dilated to 7, whoa low hums aren't cutting it for me, and I want to be fully dilated already.

1:45 pm Dilated to 8, Dr says baby is posterior and has me get on my hands and knees to help turn him OH MY GAWD. I started being that loud obnoxious woman in labor. I was so embarrassed between contractions (which were piggy backing each other)...it was Halloween...I kept telling the nurses I was 'in character'. ha ha

I was finally fully dilated by 3 pm

Liam Sebastian Hale was born at 3:37pm.

8 lbs 9 oz
21 inches long!

I felt so accomplished having a big baby without meds...I told my boyfriend I was being 'cost effective' ha ha He was healthy and even though I felt like I HAD BEEN HIT BY A TRUCK THE NEXT DAY...I would TOTALLY do it again. I felt like I had more control (I'm a control freak, so this is a good thing), I felt like I healed faster and I felt like baby was more alert and healthy! (I had an epidural and a lot of problems during delivery with my daughter who was only 6.5 lbs)

Anyway,

1 comment:

  1. I need to get back on the ball as well... I'm waiting for the husband & kids to go back to work/school so I can THINK clearly... You are a kickass momma & that little man is magical.

    ReplyDelete