Friday, August 26, 2011

Bat-abulous

Yesterday was Day 2 of bedrest and the only exciting things that happened weren't that exciting at all!

First, there was this:

I hadn't driven my car in nearly a week, when I got in it...THIS is what was waiting for me.

The finale of the evening ended when a bat flew into the house! I was tucking Cierra in for bed, when the following took place:


Rod: "Jen! Shut the door!"


Me: "WHy?"


Rod: "There's a bat in the house!"
Me: (SLAM) Eew, eew eew.... "ARe you gonna get it?"


Rod: "How do you suggest I do that? The thing is huge!"


Me: "I don't know... be creative!" (I give the BEST advice) ha ha



Meanwhile in Cierra's room (with the door shut)



Cierra: "Why do bats have to be killed when they get into your house?"


Me: "I've been told that they will come back if you don't, but I'm not sure how true it is."


Cierra: "But it's not the bats fault that he came in here on accident! That would be like me going into the wrong classroom and then getting killed so I won't do it again."


Me: "C, You are a human...the bat is an animal...it's a little different!"


Cierra: "I know, but, they don't really seem mean mom."


Me: "Cierra, I LOVE your big, fat, animal heart...but GO TO SLEEP!"



It wasn't long before the bat was gone and things were calm...(untill 4 o'clock in the morning when Cierra woke up screaming Rod's name). She thought she heard a mouse in her room, a RAT was her actual words, lol. There was no mouse, or rat, or bat...just my poor boyrfriend looking under her bed, in the closet and anywhere else to calm her nerves!

Cierra's questions got me curious about bats. I DESPISE them, but felt bad when I couldn't really answer her questions. Here is a little something about bats if you're bored!

WHAT A NIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment