Tuesday, April 12, 2011

The BEST Banana Bread Recipe Around

So, I thought I'd share my banana bread recipe with you all. It was my Grandma's, mom's and now mine! (though I STILL think my mom's is better than mine...but things usually are when they are made FOR you)


Growing up, I never ate those store bought banana breads or muffins because they were SO nasty compared to my Mom and Grandma's banana bread! I remember as a little girl, hiding three bananas in the back of the pantry to ripen, so no-one would eat them..JUST so my mom would make banana bread! ha ha

That being said, here is the epic, heart attack, non-belly saving recipe! (Keep in mind, I grew up in Texas) lol.




The Only Banana Bread Recipe You'll Ever Need


3 ripe bananas, according to my mother...they can never be too ripe.
2c flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 1/2c sugar
2 large eggs
2/3 c veg. oil or butter (I've been using Trader Joe's Irish sweet cream butter)
1 tsp. vanilla extract
If you like nuts in your bread, add 1/2 c. chopped walnuts or pecans!



I use a large loaf pan, pam and flour the sides of the pan, fill 3/4 full. Bake @350 for 45 to 50 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clear.

1 comment:

  1. I love banana bread:) We definitely try to make it pretty often around here.

    ReplyDelete