Sunday, October 3, 2010

My Voicebox is Juiced and Other Random Stuff

Today is the first day in a week that my voice is back. Yay! Loosing your voice is horrible, especially when you are ME!

The doctor gave me steroids (MethylPREDNISolone) to help it come back; they were equally horrible. I felt like I had morning sickness every time I took them. blech. I do not like them... AT. ALL.

The first day that I completely lost my voice was at the wedding last weekend. I am a freelance make-up artist. It is my favorite kind of 'work'. I tried calling Lace for directions to the cabin where everyone was getting ready, but she couldn't hear me!!!! After a little mini heart attack, I found it on my own...but was about ten minutes late! When I finally walked in and attempted to talk, she said, "OH my GAWD Jen... was that you on the phone? You creeped me out! I thought it was a prank call!" She went on to say that my voice was very Horror film fabulous. lol

Here is Lacy after I did her makeup; we went for a natural smoky eye. She looked beautiful!

Rod and I went to the wedding and reception, though we both should've just stayed in since he was horribly hungover and I was sick, sick, sick! We looked good though; agreed?! (this is a picture of a picture of us from the wedding) lol

Good times!

I can't believe it is already October and we've been in our house for almost two months! Here it was then: (well, the dining room anyway)

Here it is now! We've been busy and I absolutely LOVE my boyfriend for putting up the wine rack under the martini canvas! le sigh.

Oh! and I did the black cardboard thingy to the windows to decorate for Halloween they look super great! The tree is just two pieces of black poster board taped together. I sketched out a tree, cut it out and then taped it to the window. The spiders are from the Martha Stewart cheater Halloween window decor line at Michael's for 5 bucks (unless you use your 40% off coupon like I did! I love coupons! Anyway, when the lights are on in the house, it looks super creepy-cute! yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment