Monday, April 26, 2010

Weird Day

Today was weird. It felt like slow motion blank blech...if that's a feeling at all.

The weather felt like England in November, only with a lot more wind and no yummy cheese and bread.

Cierra gave me hell this morning, because she is getting harder and harder to wake up in the morning. Work DRAGGED and one a girl I am not so fond of stopped by to say 'hi'. uggg. The high point was talking to Todd, even though that brought bad news. To end the day properly, I just got woken up by my mom calling to say she has three blown tires and she's waiting for a tow truck. She called my little brother, he was there with her...so yeah. weird. day. ugg

I talked to Todd this morning to find out that his old partner Kirk Tynes lost his battle with stomach cancer.

The last conversation I had with Kirk involved him being amused that I said 'Yes!' to everything he said. I told him I was a 'yes' woman, lol. This went on all night. Out of nowhere he'd go, "Isn't that right Jen?" and every time, I'd say Yes!

Then he'd say, "Bless you woman and laugh".

I am okay, because in the short time that I knew Kirk, I made him laugh....I made him laugh hard.

Laughter is the best medicine...it is medicine for the soul. Now if I can just make my Cierra laugh in the morning; I'll give the weird day vibe a big fat kick in the pants!

I am missing Sebastian today... a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment