Thursday, November 8, 2012

Halloween 2012

Hello All,

Halloween this year was definitely on a tight budget. The costumes turned out really great, even better considering I spent less than $20 on costumes for the entire family! I began picking things up in September as I would come across them. All were purchased at Goodwill's throughout Omaha. The only things I purchased outside of that was black electric tape, and green hair coloring spray!

Liam's costume was toddler t-ball pants with elastic suspenders.  I shoved sponges into the sides of the pants to make them stick out.  He was such a cute Oomp Loompa Liam!
 
 
Rod & I were 'stick figures', he forgot his white pants, so we had to improvise for the photo booth pictures and be naughty stick figures, ha ha!  I bought both shirts and pants from Goodwill for a dollar a piece and used black duct tape for the lines!  I The pencils were made using paper plates, toilet paper rolls, newspaper, tin foil and markers!


 
 
Cierra's costume was just a really pretty robe that I purchased from Goodwill for $3.59, we used a black trash bag for the belt.  Cierra's wig was purchased back in September brand new from a Goodwill for a couple of bucks!


My stick figure costume was deconstructed (removed the tape) and made into a work-friendly costume, Flo, the Progressive girl!   The letters were iron-ons purchased from Hobby Lobby when they were half price (keep a look out for ads which change weekly).  I used markers to make the 'I Love Insurance' pin and name tag!  This costume won me 'Most Look-a-like" which meant gift certificates for meeeee!  weeee!

2 comments:

  1. Seriously fabulous costumes! I need to get creative like you:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get more creative, the more broke I get! (wink, wink)

    ReplyDelete