Thursday, November 8, 2012

Good Golly

Blog:
First, I MUST apologize for NOT posting in FOR-FRIGGIN-EV-ER!  A lot has been going on in my little Midwest slice of life!

Cierra:
 In August, Cierra started 6th grade, began swimming again, this time for Swim Omaha and had the orthodontist schedule her for braces (middle of this month).  It was at that time, I decided I probably needed to go back to work, because, NEWSFLASH! kids are EXPENSIVE! (cute! but expensive!)

 


Liam:
Speaking of expensive, Liam began Daycare at LePetite Academy Preschool in September!  He is getting big and is walking more and more every day (I will get a video posted next week for you guys)



Me:
That being said, I interviewed for a dream job with a dream company and actually got it!   I began working as a Case Worker and Employability Skills Instructor for the Customer Connect Program at Goodwill Industries a program that works closely with Metropolitan Community College.   I adore my job, beyond measure, it doesn't feel like a 'job' at all!  I am absolutely in love with Goodwill.  I knew they did a lot for the community but had no idea how MUCH, until I began working here!   I will post separately about those things, in an effort to shorten this post!  :)

Rod:
In the beginning of the school year, Rod accepted a position with a wonderful company, headquartered here in Omaha, Lozier.  Lozier, as a company does great things for our community (including being a key supporter for Goodwill Industries).  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment